an accessory worn around the neck during play that may or may not have significant meaning attached. Can be tugged upon, attached to a leash, or serve other in-scene functions. Typically made of leather or other sturdy materials.
Real Life Examples
Bertha has a 1 inch leather bondage play collar that her partner can tug hard on without damaging.
Ernestasia enjoys hooking a leash to her submissive partner’s play collar.
Cedrique is not in a committed D/s dynamic but enjoys wearing a collar during pet play with his casual partners.
Everyone is different! You'll see this repeated throughout our website and glossary. Common practices involving play collars include, but certainly aren't limited to:
- Made from sturdy materials.
- Functional for in scene purposes such as tugging
- May include bells that jingle during play
- May have a D ring which can easily attach to a leash
- May not look like a “vanilla” accessory” and/or May be conspicuous if worn as daywear, depending on the wearer’s typical aesthetic.
Playful Play Collars Aplenty
Shop our play collar collection
Got a beef with our definition?
Of course we don't speak for everyone! If you feel we are missing additional info, context, facts, history, or data, please email us and let us know!
While we can't promise every suggestion will make it, we'll always be working to keep this glossary thorough and inclusive!