Inspired by one of our favorite fandoms, the golden snitch ring of O day collar is made of stunning precious metals with a golden cubic zirconia snitch ball in the center. The entire necklace is 14K gold filled with sterling silver wings.
Our Delicate & Discreet collection features minimalist designs that look just like day to day vanilla jewelry. No one will ever know that your beautiful necklace is actually a collar!
Classic enough for daily wear and elegant enough for special occasions.
- 1" 14K gold filled ring of O
- Sterling Silver wings
- 8mm golden CZ drop, clad in 14K gold filled.
- The chain is 14K gold filled
- Gold filled jewelry is clad with a much, much thicker layer of gold than plated jewelry, thus it will not fade.
- Choose from a standard spring ring clasp, or a sterling silver padlock clasp (see last picture for an example of the lock)
- While this can be worn daily, we do not recommend sleeping or bathing in our jewelry pieces.
- Due to the delicate nature of this piece, it will not withstand any tugging, and should not be used for play.
Read about caring for plated day collars and jewelry here.
AVOID GETTING IT WET.
Water, from a shower, pool, lake, ocean, and even sweat will react with the plating. Rose gold contains copper, and this will cause it to oxidize. Even sterling silver will oxidize black. This goes double for any piece with beads, including pearls and crystals. Water will damage any beading.
Perfumes, body sprays, hair sprays, any kind of spray. Lotions, sunscreen, moisturizers. Anything you put on your body should be applied and dry before your jewelry goes on.
KEEP IT CLEAN
Clean your jewelry when you take it off. Simply wipe it down with a soft, dry cloth to remove any residue. For plated jewelry, this requires extra care, as polishing cloths can remove the plating very quickly. You definitely don't want to use anything abrasive, like a toothbrush.
DON'T WEAR IT 24/7.
Plating, unfortunately, has a lifespan, and the more you wear it, the faster it will fade.
STORE IT SAFELY.
Keep your jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth, bag, or in a drawer. You can hang it from a jewelry organizer, just do your best to keep it clean and untangled. Avoiding exposure to air will prevent silver, copper, and brass from oxidizing.
REMEMBER: IT'S STILL JEWELRY.
We know this piece is special. All of the things we make are incredibly special, because they all have tremendous meaning for the owner. But remember, it's still a piece of jewelry, and if you love it, and take proper care of it, it can last for a long time.
About our metal options
- Plating will wear off over time, but much faster if not cared for properly.
- Raw Copper and Raw Brass will both naturally oxidize as well as react with moisture to turn skin green.
- Sterling silver will naturally oxidize over time.
- Sterling Silver, Brass and Copper can all be polished with any jewelry polishing cloth to restore the beautiful original shine.
- Gold Dipped Sterling is solid .925 sterling silver that has been dipped in 14K gold or rose gold in house. It will not tarnish.