IMPORTANT: Please order a ring sizer or use our ring size chart to find your size.
Ring sizes, much like pants sizes, are not equal across different brands.
Please make sure to order the correct ring size, as rings with custom text cannot be resized, and there is a fee for resizing.
If possible, we request that you order a free ring sizer here
Our rings are completely custom made to order, so you want to make sure you're ordering the right size with our ring sizer.
The reusable ring sizer comes with instructions for use.
A properly sized ring should slide on easily, but resist a bit at the knuckle when coming off. A ring sized to your knuckle will be too large for your finger.
To find your ring size at home:
- Cut a strip of paper about 10 inches long.
- Wrap the base of your finger with the strip of paper.
- Mark the paper with a pen where the paper completes a circle.
- Measure the paper against a ruler. Millimeters are most accurate.
- Select the ring size closest to finger measurement.
Read about caring for plated day collars and jewelry here.
AVOID GETTING IT WET.
Water, from a shower, pool, lake, ocean, and even sweat will react with the plating. Rose gold contains copper, and this will cause it to oxidize. Even sterling silver will oxidize black. This goes double for any piece with beads, including pearls and crystals. Water will damage any beading.
Perfumes, body sprays, hair sprays, any kind of spray. Lotions, sunscreen, moisturizers. Anything you put on your body should be applied and dry before your jewelry goes on.
KEEP IT CLEAN
Clean your jewelry when you take it off. Simply wipe it down with a soft, dry cloth to remove any residue. For plated jewelry, this requires extra care, as polishing cloths can remove the plating very quickly. You definitely don't want to use anything abrasive, like a toothbrush.
DON'T WEAR IT 24/7.
Plating, unfortunately, has a lifespan, and the more you wear it, the faster it will fade.
STORE IT SAFELY.
Keep your jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth, bag, or in a drawer. You can hang it from a jewelry organizer, just do your best to keep it clean and untangled. Avoiding exposure to air will prevent silver, copper, and brass from oxidizing.
REMEMBER: IT'S STILL JEWELRY.
We know this piece is special. All of the things we make are incredibly special, because they all have tremendous meaning for the owner. But remember, it's still a piece of jewelry, and if you love it, and take proper care of it, it can last for a long time.
About our metal options
- Plating will wear off over time, but much faster if not cared for properly.
- Raw Copper and Raw Brass will both naturally oxidize as well as react with moisture to turn skin green.
- Sterling silver will naturally oxidize over time.
- Sterling Silver, Brass and Copper can all be polished with any jewelry polishing cloth to restore the beautiful original shine.
- Gold Dipped Sterling is solid .925 sterling silver that has been dipped in 14K gold or rose gold in house. It will not tarnish.