Sterling silver is called '.925 sterling silver' because it contains 92.5% fine silver, the remaining 7.5% is copper, which makes it stronger/harder and also has the unfortunate side-effect of causing it to oxidize when exposed to moisture and air. Oxidization, or tarnish, in sterling silver, is black, so you may think your jewelry is dirty. Often it just needs a buff with a jewelry polishing cloth to look as good as new. We are happy to polish, buff and refinish sterling silver jewelry for a small fee.
Joint Holder Ring
Hold your joints or cigarettes with style and keep your mani safe!
Rose Gold joint holder/roach clip ring, one size fits most, choice of rose or pearl, 3" in length. Adjustable tension.
Storage, Care, & Cleaning
All of our pieces are made to last with proper care.
To keep your piece looking beautiful, we recommend the following:
Avoid getting it wet
Avoid getting leather wet, as this will warp and discolor the leather and eventually cause the leather to break down. If you do accidentally get your leather wet, dry it off with a towel, and lay it flat to dry thoroughly in a cool, dry place. Do not heat the leather in an attempt to dry it, as this will cause the leather to crack and warp.
Water, from a shower, pool, lake, ocean, and even sweat will react with the plating. Rose gold contains copper, and this will cause it to oxidize. Even sterling silver will oxidize black. This goes double for any piece with beads, including pearls and crystals. Water will damage any beading.
Avoid getting sprays of any kind on your leather. Hairspray, perfume or cologne, or any other kinds of chemicals can negatively effect the finish of the leather, and build up over time.
Perfumes, body sprays, hair sprays, any kind of spray. Lotions, sunscreen, moisturizers. Anything you put on your body should be applied and dry before your jewelry or gear goes on.
Don't wear it 24/7
Plating, unfortunately, has a lifespan, and the more you wear it, the faster it will fade. We recommend solid gold, sterling silver and stainless steel for 24/7 collars.
Keep it clean
Our leather is fully finished and does not require any conditioning, however, you will want to make sure you keep it clean.
To clean your leather, use a damp cloth to gently remove any dirt, oils, or any other substance. Dry with a soft cloth immediately after. Do not use any cleaning products or solvents, as they can damage the color and finish of the leather.
Clean your jewelry and leather gear when you take it off. Simply wipe it down with a soft, dry cloth to remove any residue. For plated jewelry, this requires extra care, as polishing cloths can remove the plating very quickly.
Store it safely
Keep your jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth, bag, or in a drawer. You can hang it from a jewelry organizer, just do your best to keep it clean and untangled. Avoiding exposure to air will prevent silver, copper, and brass from oxidizing.
Other Common Concerns
Tarnished Sterling Silver
Skin Irritation & Metal Allergies
All Restrained Grace-made products are nickel free unless noted otherwise.
Our iridescent rainbow hardware contains chromium.
All of our jewelry and hardware is lead and nickel free.
Some people occasionally experience a burning, itching and/or redness, usually on the skin beneath jewelry and gear. This condition may be due to the build-up of soaps, lotion, dead skin, etc, or it may be chafing irritation. To avoid skin irritation and to keep your pieces in tip-top-shape, do not wear your pieces when using cleaning products or lotions, and clean your pieces frequently.
Certain types of cosmetics contain chemicals that can abrade your jewelry, causing a sort of metallic dust. This metallic dust often appears black and can cause smudges on your skin or clothing. To avoid this problem, put on your jewelry after applying your cosmetics.
Black smudges may also be caused by corrosion due to perspiration, exposure to salts and exposure to hydrogen sulfide gas (present in polluted air, some foodstuffs and industrial chemicals). To avoid these smudges, we recommend that you do not wear your jewelry while handling chemicals or products containing sulfur, and gently polish your jewelry often to remove tarnish.