A strand of pearls was a staple to any wardrobe in the 40's and 50's, and it's still a classic today. Whether you're a 1950's housewife submissive, need a special occasion collar, or just enjoy the femininity of a pearl necklace, this pearl day collar is a stunning alternative to chunky chain collars or leather.
This simple graduated Swarovski pearl necklace features a large, rose gold extender on the back, a juxtaposition of classic pearls and heavy metals, June Cleaver meets BDSM.
- 11 inches of Heavy Swarovski crystal pearls in rose gold.
- Pearls range in size from 14mm-4mm.
- 9mm rose gold plated stainless steel chain
- Your choice of length.
- A 1" heart padlock is included, plated in rose gold. It comes with two matching keys.
- Not shower-friendly: we do not recommend sleeping in this collar, or getting it wet.
- This day collar is made for form, not function. Please use precaution not to pull roughly on your pearls as the strand will break, and you could be injured. (D-types, please remember that leather is better suited for rough play.)
Read about caring for plated day collars and jewelry here.
AVOID GETTING IT WET.
Water, from a shower, pool, lake, ocean, and even sweat will react with the plating. Rose gold contains copper, and this will cause it to oxidize. Even sterling silver will oxidize black. This goes double for any piece with beads, including pearls and crystals. Water will damage any beading.
Perfumes, body sprays, hair sprays, any kind of spray. Lotions, sunscreen, moisturizers. Anything you put on your body should be applied and dry before your jewelry goes on.
KEEP IT CLEAN
Clean your jewelry when you take it off. Simply wipe it down with a soft, dry cloth to remove any residue. For plated jewelry, this requires extra care, as polishing cloths can remove the plating very quickly. You definitely don't want to use anything abrasive, like a toothbrush.
DON'T WEAR IT 24/7.
Plating, unfortunately, has a lifespan, and the more you wear it, the faster it will fade.
STORE IT SAFELY.
Keep your jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth, bag, or in a drawer. You can hang it from a jewelry organizer, just do your best to keep it clean and untangled. Avoiding exposure to air will prevent silver, copper, and brass from oxidizing.
REMEMBER: IT'S STILL JEWELRY.
We know this piece is special. All of the things we make are incredibly special, because they all have tremendous meaning for the owner. But remember, it's still a piece of jewelry, and if you love it, and take proper care of it, it can last for a long time.
About our metal options
- Plating will wear off over time, but much faster if not cared for properly.
- Raw Copper and Raw Brass will both naturally oxidize as well as react with moisture to turn skin green.
- Sterling silver will naturally oxidize over time.
- Sterling Silver, Brass and Copper can all be polished with any jewelry polishing cloth to restore the beautiful original shine.
- Gold Dipped Sterling is solid .925 sterling silver that has been dipped in 14K gold or rose gold in house. It will not tarnish.