Sterling silver is called '.925 sterling silver' because it contains 92.5% fine silver, the remaining 7.5% is copper, which makes it stronger/harder and also has the unfortunate side-effect of causing it to oxidize when exposed to moisture and air. Oxidization, or tarnish, in sterling silver, is black, so you may think your jewelry is dirty. Often it just needs a buff with a jewelry polishing cloth to look as good as new. We are happy to polish, buff and refinish sterling silver jewelry for a small fee.
Be the hero of your own intimate skin care story.
WHAT: Rescue Balm is a water-free treatment concentrated with clinical, clean, 100% naturally-derived actives to help reduce + prevent the symptoms associated with mild to severe vulvar skin dryness such as flakiness, irritation, redness, stinging and itch.
Because we formulate with clean ingredients and without known irritants, Rescue Balm can safely complement your prescription-based topical steroid, estrogen or hormone treatments, or be part of your everyday intimate skin care routine.
Safety tested by Dermatologists & Gynecologists so you can treat irritated skin with confidence.
- TREAT symptoms
Allantoin (1%), Bisolbalol (0.25%), Sweet Almond Oil (11%), Sunflower Oil (20%) + Aloe Vera (0.25%)
Instantly soothe redness, irritation, flaking and itch caused by vulvar skin dryness.
- NOURISH the skin
Shea Butter (18%), Squalene (2%) + Avocado Oil (1%)
Replenish your skin’s vital lipids, delivering essential fatty acids, rich in nutrients, reinforcing the skin barrier and leaving it feeling moisturized, softer and smoother.
- PROTECT + REPAIR the skin barrier
Pre-biotic colloidal oatmeal (2%) + Zinc oxide (8.5%)
Lock-in moisture & help prevent water loss by forming a protective barrier. They help keep hydration in and environmental irritants out.
WHY: Routine hair removal, chaffing, prolonged heat or wetness, constricted clothing, some prescription-based medications, dermatitis, lichen sclerosis and menopause can all result in dry, red, irritated, flaky, itchy vulvar skin. When your sweet spot is out of balance it affects everything! Instead of being irritated about irritation, we went on a mission to do something about it.
SWEET ON YOUR SKIN: We believe in (constantly) reaching for a higher standard of clean. That’s why we’ve formulated without any of the following ingredients that can throw your sweet spots off balance.
- Water-free (so we can preserve the planet, and power up the potency)
- Preservative-free (because we don’t use water, we don’t need preservatives)
- Fragrance-free (a potential source of irritation)
- Glycerin-free (a potential food source for yeast)
- Propylene Glycol-free (a known allergen / skin irritant)
- Paraben-free (a potential endocrine disruptor)
- Essential Oil-free (highly allergenic / irritating)
- Coconut Oil-free (comedogenic properties that may aggravate in-grown hairs and folliculitis)
- Gluten-free (for celiac/gluten intolerance, topical exposure may produce a reaction)
- Estrogen + Hormone-free (because we are intimate skin nerds, not physicians)
SWEET ON OUR PLANET:
- We save trees by producing our cartons from 100% reclaimed or recycled cardboard that is naturally biodegradable
- We print on them with vegetable-based inks
- Our caps are made with 100% reclaimed/recycled plastics and are recycle ready.
*Beegan products contain small amounts of cruelty-free beeswax or honey
HOW TO USE:
- Dispense the balm onto (very!) clean fingertips.
- Apply externally to the affected areas of the vulva (including anus if needed).
- Because we formulate with clean ingredients and without known irritants, Rescue Balm can be an adjunct to your prescription-based topical steroid or estrogen/hormone treatment, or part of your everyday intimate skin care routine.
- Appropriate for daily or long-term use.
- Suitable and suggested for all of your body’s sweet spots.
- Safe for use on children.
- For external use only. Discontinue use if rash or discomfort develops.
- While this is for external use only, in an abundance of caution, we recommend that when using formulas with oils on your vulva please consider condom compatibility, as latex condoms can be weakened by certain oils.
Storage, Care, & Cleaning
All of our pieces are made to last with proper care.
To keep your piece looking beautiful, we recommend the following:
Avoid getting it wet
Avoid getting leather wet, as this will warp and discolor the leather and eventually cause the leather to break down. If you do accidentally get your leather wet, dry it off with a towel, and lay it flat to dry thoroughly in a cool, dry place. Do not heat the leather in an attempt to dry it, as this will cause the leather to crack and warp.
Water, from a shower, pool, lake, ocean, and even sweat will react with the plating. Rose gold contains copper, and this will cause it to oxidize. Even sterling silver will oxidize black. This goes double for any piece with beads, including pearls and crystals. Water will damage any beading.
Avoid getting sprays of any kind on your leather. Hairspray, perfume or cologne, or any other kinds of chemicals can negatively effect the finish of the leather, and build up over time.
Perfumes, body sprays, hair sprays, any kind of spray. Lotions, sunscreen, moisturizers. Anything you put on your body should be applied and dry before your jewelry or gear goes on.
Don't wear it 24/7
Plating, unfortunately, has a lifespan, and the more you wear it, the faster it will fade. We recommend solid gold, sterling silver and stainless steel for 24/7 collars.
Keep it clean
Our leather is fully finished and does not require any conditioning, however, you will want to make sure you keep it clean.
To clean your leather, use a damp cloth to gently remove any dirt, oils, or any other substance. Dry with a soft cloth immediately after. Do not use any cleaning products or solvents, as they can damage the color and finish of the leather.
Clean your jewelry and leather gear when you take it off. Simply wipe it down with a soft, dry cloth to remove any residue. For plated jewelry, this requires extra care, as polishing cloths can remove the plating very quickly.
Store it safely
Keep your jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth, bag, or in a drawer. You can hang it from a jewelry organizer, just do your best to keep it clean and untangled. Avoiding exposure to air will prevent silver, copper, and brass from oxidizing.
Other Common Concerns
Tarnished Sterling Silver
Skin Irritation & Metal Allergies
All Restrained Grace-made products are nickel free unless noted otherwise.
Our iridescent rainbow hardware contains chromium.
All of our jewelry and hardware is lead and nickel free.
Some people occasionally experience a burning, itching and/or redness, usually on the skin beneath jewelry and gear. This condition may be due to the build-up of soaps, lotion, dead skin, etc, or it may be chafing irritation. To avoid skin irritation and to keep your pieces in tip-top-shape, do not wear your pieces when using cleaning products or lotions, and clean your pieces frequently.
Certain types of cosmetics contain chemicals that can abrade your jewelry, causing a sort of metallic dust. This metallic dust often appears black and can cause smudges on your skin or clothing. To avoid this problem, put on your jewelry after applying your cosmetics.
Black smudges may also be caused by corrosion due to perspiration, exposure to salts and exposure to hydrogen sulfide gas (present in polluted air, some foodstuffs and industrial chemicals). To avoid these smudges, we recommend that you do not wear your jewelry while handling chemicals or products containing sulfur, and gently polish your jewelry often to remove tarnish.