Our True Vintage collection features vintage jewelry, converted into locking day collars, each completely one of a kind. Vintage pearls are a staple for 50's household submissives, but anyone with retro style can love and appreciate these pieces that are older than we are.
- Vintage jewelry might show a few signs of vintage character, including:
- some light nicks and scratches on some of the pearls/beads
- some stretched cord near the clasp.
- oxidization on the original hardware
- 6mmmm pearls
- A small heart padlock is included as a clasp. It comes with two keys.
- Choose silver, gold, or rose gold for the chain and padlock, which are all nickel free.
- We can add matching chain to extend it to any length you desire.
- Please indicate your desired length when adding it to your cart.
- The smallest possible length is 14.5".
- Optionally personalize your padlock with custom engraving.
- This day collar is made for form, not function. Please use precaution not to pull roughly on your pearls as the strand will break, and you could be injured. (Doms, please remember that leather is better suited for rough play.)
This item is either ready to ship, or will be made faster than our standard production time. If your entire order is only quick ship items, it will ship within 2 business days. If you order any Made to Order items, your entire order will ship within our posted production time (usually 2 weeks).
Read about caring for plated day collars and jewelry here.
AVOID GETTING IT WET.
Water, from a shower, pool, lake, ocean, and even sweat will react with the plating. Rose gold contains copper, and this will cause it to oxidize. Even sterling silver will oxidize black. This goes double for any piece with beads, including pearls and crystals. Water will damage any beading.
Perfumes, body sprays, hair sprays, any kind of spray. Lotions, sunscreen, moisturizers. Anything you put on your body should be applied and dry before your jewelry goes on.
KEEP IT CLEAN
Clean your jewelry when you take it off. Simply wipe it down with a soft, dry cloth to remove any residue. For plated jewelry, this requires extra care, as polishing cloths can remove the plating very quickly. You definitely don't want to use anything abrasive, like a toothbrush.
DON'T WEAR IT 24/7.
Plating, unfortunately, has a lifespan, and the more you wear it, the faster it will fade.
STORE IT SAFELY.
Keep your jewelry wrapped in a soft cloth, bag, or in a drawer. You can hang it from a jewelry organizer, just do your best to keep it clean and untangled. Avoiding exposure to air will prevent silver, copper, and brass from oxidizing.
REMEMBER: IT'S STILL JEWELRY.
We know this piece is special. All of the things we make are incredibly special, because they all have tremendous meaning for the owner. But remember, it's still a piece of jewelry, and if you love it, and take proper care of it, it can last for a long time.
About our metal options
- Plating will wear off over time, but much faster if not cared for properly.
- Raw Copper and Raw Brass will both naturally oxidize as well as react with moisture to turn skin green.
- Sterling silver will naturally oxidize over time.
- Sterling Silver, Brass and Copper can all be polished with any jewelry polishing cloth to restore the beautiful original shine.
- Gold Dipped Sterling is solid .925 sterling silver that has been dipped in 14K gold or rose gold in house. It will not tarnish.