In BDSM, the time and attention given by one partner to another after an intense play experience, can be physical or emotional in nature.
Contrary to popular belief, aftercare is for everyone - not just bottoms and subs. Doms and tops often need various forms of physical and emotional reassurance after intense play, as well.
Real Life Examples
"I'm kind of the stereotype after a scene, I get cold, sleepy, snuggly. I want reassurance and love from my Sir. A snack never hurts, either." - Miss Annie
Everyone is different - you'll see this repeated throughout our website and glossary - so everyone's needs and requirements for aftercare are different.
Common aftercare practices include, but certainly aren't limited to:
- Getting cozy and comfortable under a blanket and/or with a stuffy or comfort item
- Cathartic crying
- Cuddling with your play partner
- Cuddling with someone else
- Hair stroking
- Soft touches
- Pillow Talk
- Post-scene breakdown conversations to make sure everyone's needs are met
- Follow up calls and check-ins in the days following the scene