a philosophy encouraging informed and willing decision-making relating to kinky activities.
- More openness to "edge play" than people espousing the "SSC" model.
- Gathering information about kinky practices that one is interested
- Communicating with one’s partner about possible risks.
- Creating plans for if a scene goes badly, or a mistake is made.
- Gathering materials one might need in case of mishap or emergency (1st aid, trauma shears, etc)
- Making decisions based on what is right for the people involved in the prospective play, rather than based on a specific set of social norms.
Berty and Ernst regularly enjoy knife play, and are both informed regarding safer practices while using potentially deadly weapons.