A public gathering in a restaurant or bar for kinky people to make new connections with locals, and be open about their kink life in a setting that does not involve any sort of play.
Common Practices &Experiences
Everyone is different! You'll see this repeated throughout our website and glossary. Common practices and experiences involving munches include, but certainly aren't limited to:
- Being held at a venue that is owned by a member of the community
- Being organized by community leaders
- Many people already knowing each other
- Separate munches being held for various niches (especially in areas with a large kink community)
- A code of conduct and/or set of expectations for behavior being enforced.
Stevie prefers to socialize at muches because they do not enjoy play parties.
Tina met all of her partners at munches, because they give her a chance to see if she has chemistry with someone in a way that meeting people online doesn’t.