Common Practices & Experiences
- Use of they/them pronouns
- Use of any pronouns
- Viewing presentation and dress as separate from the concept of gender.
- Presenting in a wide variety of ways.
- Feelings connected to “otherness” and identifying with related concepts such as aliens or fantasy races who have entirely different cultural mores.
- Not identifying with “androgyny” or “middle of the gender spectrum” and feeling uncomfortable in instances where that is the expectation.
- Only realizing in adulthood that gender is not a performance for all people.
Thia does not identify with gender or the gender spectrum. They have always felt a sense of “otherness” and the concept of gender in general feels somewhat alien and confusing.