the strong feeling of excitement and infatuation that is common in the beginning of any new intimate (especially romantic) entanglement.
- Idealizing one’s new partner
- The impulse to be around the new partner all the time
- A collective eye-roll from one’s longtime friends
- Portrayals in media as the definition of romance (this can be problematic)
- Lasting anywhere from a few weeks to a year.
- Some individuals experience this phenomenon to greater or lesser degrees.
Eileen and Zjazja have been dating for 3 weeks, and are so enamored with one another that all conversations seem to lead back to the topic of their budding relationship.