Common Practices & Experiences
- Communicating one’s needs and boundaries with partners from early on.
- Being upfront and honest about not wanting to engage with the “relationship escalator”
- Having long term partners that live separately, sometimes long-distance.
- Preferring to keep romances casual.
- Valuing personal space and autonomy.
Kaia lives alone and does not want a nesting partner. She is fulfilled by her relationships with Ursula and Lari, who are a nesting couple that Kaia visits regularly.