the practice of using blood from a participant in a sexual or kinky encounter for pleasure. Often but not always involves knives or other sharp implements. Frequently overlaps with “Edge Play”; almost always overlaps with “Fluid Bonding”.
- Seeking out safety information and/or instruction
- Sterilization of instruments
- Keeping medical records up to date, and sharing them with your partner.
- Educating oneself on safer and less safe areas of the body to cut.
- Keeping a first aid kit near by.
- Cleaning any cuts or broken skin as part of aftercare.
"I don't necessarily seek out blood play, but I enjoy hard floggings and don't mind a trusted partner breaking the skin, so blood play is not a limit."