Common Practices & Experiences
- A high degree of commitment to being together for the future.
- Making plans together such as a 5 year plan towards your shared goal of buying a ranch in Montana.
- Making reproductive or family planning decisions together.
- Being legally and financially entangled either through marriage or other binding contract such as owning property together.
- Deciding to share a surname, sometimes one partner changing their name to another’s, sometimes with all partners taking a new surname.