a type of dynamic where the submissive gives some, but not all, of their authority to their dominant partner(s) on a temporary basis as part of play.
- Overlap and/or fluctuation between different forms of power exchange
- Communication of specific areas where the submissive party will maintain control.
- Communication about specific areas that the power-exchange covers.
- Each dynamic having its own expectations made to suit the people involved. (ie, some dominants may encourage suggestions from their submissive and others may expressly forbid suggestions.)
- Involving some degree of role-play
- Pre-established safe words
Ted is submissive to their partner in-scene but retains control over when and if they will be penetrated.