deriving pleasure or purpose from inflicting pain or discomfort. Frequently refers to physical elements, but can also apply to emotional or mental elements.
- Pairing up with a compatible masochist
- Discussing types of pain
- Establishing boundaries and limits
- Seeking information about safe practice before participating in some types of play
- Pre-established safe words
- Checking in with scene partner frequently, especially when a dynamic is new
- Learning to read a scene partner’s nonverbal cues.
Murphy enjoys whipping their partner with a cane.