a slang term for the uncomfortable feeling one may get when hearing about or witnessing certain kinky activities which they do not wish to participate in, but harbor no prejudice against the play or people who participate.
The term is used instead of “disgust” due to the latter’s association with moral judgement.
- Communicating with partners regarding limits related to squicks.
- Trying to avoid instances where one would be exposed to a squick directly.
- Not getting involved with discussions centering around a squick.
- Being respectful of people who enjoy your squick.
- No moral judgment on squick
- A sense of innate disinclination towards the squick, as a matter of personal taste.
Bella does not like the idea of pet play, so she does not engage with discussions of it in kink spaces.